To uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 in Windows Vista, follow these steps:
1. Carefully select and then copy the following command:
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-8*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"
2. Click Start, and then type cmd.exe in the Start Search box.
3. In the list of programs, right-click Cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
4. Right-click inside the Administrator: Command Prompt window, and then click Paste to paste the command that you copied in step 1.
5. Press ENTER to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2. When the uninstall program is finished, restart your computer.
Verify that your earlier version of Internet Explorer was restored.